Fitted wedding rings are a speciality here at Hallmark Jewellers and we make them regularly in our workshop. We are able to make the rings in the chosen metal or in silver for you to try as a sample before finalising the design. Our first workshop blog takes you through the step by step process of how we create a unique wedding ring to fit perfectly around your engagement ring.
1. The first step is to melt down the metal in to a bar. The metal we use can be from our workshop or we can use your own sentimental or scrap metal.
2. The metal bar is then rolled out by hand in the rolling mill to the width and depth needed to allow for cutting in the shape.
3. The metal bar is bent round so that the ends meet ready for soldering in to a ring
4. A rough line is drawn onto the soldered ring to match the shape of the engagement ring. This acts as a guide when sawing the soldered band into shape.
5. This rough shape is then compared to the engagement ring to see how the shape fits.
6. A file is used to get the perfect fit.
7. The finalised shape is then transformed into the ring that the customers requires.
8. Finally, the ring is cleaned up and polished, ready for the big day!.
And a few examples of some other handmade shaped wedding sets. If you would like to explore the idea of having a fitted wedding ring then pop in store or book an appointment over the phone on 01329 847 187.